Apple is hiring a Build Systems Development Engineer, Media & Graphics
Apple’s Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics software foundation for iOS and macOS based products, from iPhone, iPad, and Watch, to Apple TV, and all Mac products.
Combining cutting-edge software techniques with next-generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level. As a part of IMG, the GPU Software team is responsible for developing the graphics foundation for all iOS and macOS based products.
Responsibilities span from low-level GPU driver and compiler development to implementing APIs such as Metal, OpenGL and OpenCL.
Our technology provides the GPU acceleration that drives Apple’s unique UI and high-quality video and camera features. It enables the advanced graphics seen in today’s top games and other apps running on iPhone, iPad and the Mac.Key Qualifications
- OS X, iOS, or UNIX development experience.
- Knowledge of at least 2 of the following: Python, Perl, shell scripting
- Unix Administration and Software debugging skills
- Knowledge of automated build systems, source control, and compiler concepts
- Solid Unix Fundamentals
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong project management an organization skills
- Participate in discussions and be prepared to challenge/defend different perspectives
- Be an independent learner, very curious, and know when to ask for help
- Demonstrate willingness to ask for clarification and context to understand the “big picture”
DescriptionThe team is looking for an energetic problem solver with engineering experience/education, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong work ethic.
The ideal candidate must possess the source control, programming and debugging expertise to help architect our automated build infrastructure and tackle a variety of technical build and integration problems.
He/she will need to be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing priorities.
The candidate will participate and lead engineering design discussions and may be responsible for architecting or contributing to the design of new systems or the overhaul of existing ones.
Enhancing organization-wide build automation infrastructure and web services
Developing organization-wide continuous integration system
Developing tools and processes to improve and automate workflows Troubleshooting and resolving complex software integration issues Working cross-functionally with development, management, and QA teams
Education & ExperienceBS/MS degree in computer science or related field, equivalent experienceAdditional Requirements
Familiarity with at least 1 version control system such as subversion, git, cvs, or perforce.
Familiarity with Xcode
Experience with automated build system design/maintenance
Familiarity with database usage and design: sql and nosql variants
Strong understanding of CI/CD design and workflow